1.Use of Japan Open Chain
- Japan Open Chain is a blockchain-based service provided by the Operating Company.
2.Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual property rights related to Japan Open Chain belong to the Operating Company or its rightful claimants.
- The User shall not infringe upon these rights in the course of using Japan Open Chain.
3.Limitation of Liability
- Those who participate in Japan Open Chain as validators (hereinafter referred to as "Validators") shall not bear liability for any claims, demands, or damages arising from the use of Japan Open Chain by Users or third parties.
- In the event of a dispute between the User and a user of a service provided through Japan Open Chain by the User (hereinafter referred to as "Service User"), the User is solely responsible for resolving the matter at their own expense. The User shall not impose any liability or obligation on the JOC consortium administrator, Validators, or other participants. The JOC consortium administrator shall bear no responsibility for any damages or other issues affecting the Service User.
4. No Warranty
- The Operating Company shall provide no warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third-party rights, or any warranties concerning compliance with statutory or contractual obligations, in relation to the content and provision of Japan Open Chain.
- The Operating Company shall not warrant the accuracy, usefulness, completeness, or suitability of any information obtained by the User in relation to these Terms for any specific purpose.
- The Operating Company shall not guarantee that Japan Open Chain will be immune from unauthorized access, hacking, or other forms of cyber-attacks, nor from hardware failures or software bugs affecting the endpoints.
5. Payment & Contract
- The User shall be solely responsible for executing payments and contracts using Japan Open Chain.
- Payments and contracts made using Japan Open Chain shall be conducted in a proper format that complies with the Electronic Contract Law and all other applicable laws.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that payments and contracts made using Japan Open Chain shall not be guaranteed by the Operating Company and shall be conducted at their own risk and responsibility.
6. Prohibited Actions
The User shall not perform any of the following actions when using this service, except with the prior written consent of the Operating Company:
- Act in a manner that is contrary to laws or public order and morals.
- Engage in criminal acts, threaten to commit a crime, facilitate or encourage criminal activities, or participate in actions related to money laundering.
- Infringe upon or potentially infringe upon copyrights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, right of honor, portrait rights, or any other rights or benefits owned by the Operating Company or any third party.
- Use Japan Open Chain for illegal purposes or for purposes other than those permitted by these Terms.
- Use this service with malicious intent to hinder the operation and maintenance of Japan Open Chain.
- Put excessive load on the network or system of Japan Open Chain.
- Illegally access or attempt to access the network of Japan Open Chain or other users.
- Performing reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or similar actions on the system of Japan Open Chain.
- Use service fee tokens for purposes other than service fees when using Japan Open Chain, such as cashing in or exchanging.
- Impersonate a third party and use Japan Open Chain.
- Permit a third party to use Japan Open Chain.
- Collect or store information about other users.
- Advertise, promote, or conduct business in a manner not approved by the operating company in advance.
- Transmit to Japan Open Chain any information that, when duplicated, modified, or otherwise utilized by the Operating Company within the necessary scope of Japan Open Chain's operation, would infringe upon the copyrights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights, privacy, reputation, credit, portrait rights, or any other rights or interests of other users or third parties.
- Interact or engage with antisocial forces, such as cooperating or being involved in the maintenance, operation, or management of antisocial forces.
- Cause or facilitate any of the above actions, directly or indirectly.
- Engage in any other acts that the Operating Company deems inappropriate.
If the User violates any of the above items, the Operating Company can immediately terminate this agreement and cancel the User registration without any notice.
7. Interruption/Suspension of the Service
The operating company shall interrupt or halt the provision of all or part of Japan Open Chain without prior notice to the User in any of the following cases:
- When conducting system inspections or maintenance work related to Japan Open Chain.
- When there is a disruption, fault, or heavy load on the system, communication circuit, etc., related to Japan Open Chain.
- In situations where Japan Open Chain service is interrupted or halted for any reason.
- When it is difficult to provide the service due to natural disasters or other force majeure.
- When it is necessary to ensure the safety of third parties or when it is urgent for public benefit.
- In other cases where the operating company deems it necessary to interrupt or halt the operation.
8. Exclusion of Antisocial Forces
The User declares and assures that neither they nor their officers fall under category of organized crime groups, members of organized crime groups, those who were members of organized crime groups less than five years ago, quasi-members of organized crime groups, enterprises related to organized crime groups, corporate racketeers, socio political movements, special intellectual violence groups, or any similar individuals (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Antisocial Forces"). Furthermore, the User ensures that they do not currently, nor will in the future, fall under any of the following categories:
- Having a relationship with an entity recognized as being controlled by Antisocial forces.
- Having any relationship with an entity recognized as having significant management involvement by Antisocial Forces.
- Having a relationship with an entity recognized as improperly utilizing Antisocial forces for their own or a third party's unjust profit or to inflict damage on a third party.
- Having any relationship with an entity recognized as being involved with Antisocial Forces by providing funds or conveniences.
- Having a relationship with an individual who is substantially involved in the management and is socially condemnable for having a relationship with Antisocial Forces.
- The User also assures that they shall not, either directly or indirectly through a third party, engage in any of the following acts: (a) Making Violent demands. (b) Making unreasonable demands beyond legal responsibilities. (c) Engaging in threatening behavior or using violence in relation to transactions. (d) Spreading rumors, using fraudulent means, or using force to damage the other party's credit or interfere with their business. (e) Engaging in any other acts equivalent to (a) to (e).
The Operating Company reserves the right to terminate this contract and cancel the User's registration immediately and without prior notice if it is determined that the User has violated any provisions of this section or has made a false statement regarding the declaration or assurance in this section.
The Operating Company shall not be held liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result of the lawful termination of the contract based on the provisions of this section.
In the event of termination of the contract in the preceding paragraph, the user who was terminated shall compensate the operating company for any damage caused to the party who lawfully terminated the contract.
9. Dispute Resolution
- It is desirable that any disputes arising from these Terms are settled amicably through consultation between the Operating Company and the User.
- If an agreement cannot be reached through consultation, the dispute shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.